Type your username and password then click on the appropriate section you wish to access.
Click here if your login fails (might occur on certain Apple products)
At VMS Group we are striving to be the internationally known and preferred supplier of superior maritime solutions. To keep up with market demands and to achieve our strategic objectives, we are looking for an experienced Superintendent Engineer to join our Service Team in Frederikshavn.
As a superintendent engineer in VMS Group, you lead and manage maritime projects in Denmark and around the world. We support your performance by doing our utmost to ensure a safe and inspiring work environment for our employees. The ambition of VMS Group is to be the internationally preferred partner of superior maritime solutions which is reflected in a multifaceted culture and a global mindset.
- On-site management of projects worldwide.
- Onboard service and repair onshore, offshore and during voyage.
- Preparation of spare parts lists according to work scope.
- On-site supervision and technical support to colleagues and costumers.
- Safety reporting.
- Preparation of daily reports during a project and service reports after completed projects.
- Office work during periods with no projects.
- Expected travel days: Approx. 180 per year.
We expect that you:
- Lead your project teams on-site to set the best foundation for the team to perform their tasks to best effect.
- Enjoy travelling, since we deliver our services worldwide.
- Are flexible towards planning and time of working and thrive in an unpredictable working day with periods of hectic activity that require work outside normal hours.
- act professionally towards customers, yard and colleagues.
- Ensure that all procedures and directions are observed, including customer and VMS Group procedures.
- A relevant education as marine or mechanical engineer or similar.
- Extensive experience with service of marine diesel engines and/or gearboxes, thrusters, propulsion, deck equipment, steering gear, automation of marine equipment is an advantaged.
- Proficient English skills.
- Familiarity with IT systems like Microsoft Office and Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- You are serviceminded and quality conscious.
- You have strong management skills and the ability to motivate your colleagues.
- You are aware of your own strengths and weaknesses and are not afraid to request assistance if an assignment requires competences beyond your own skills.
- You have a deep insight in the process of quoting, establishing and maintaining customer relations, observing internal procedures and managing projects.
- Supportive and thorough training and introduction to the position from dedicated and talented colleagues.
- An exciting job in a rapidly growing company with 300 colleagues in Frederikshavn (Denmark), Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) and Walvis Bay (Namibia).
- The opportunity to develop your professional and personal skills.
- Motivated and professional colleagues and an informal work environment.
- Attractive personal and professional development opportunities.
How and when to apply:
We will be inviting for interviews continuously, so please send your application before 19 June 2023 by clicking here.
As a global-minded company operating worldwide, we are embracing cultural diversity throughout our organisation and invite all qualified candidates to apply regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
If you need more information on the position, please contact Senior Project Manager Søren Rytter Krogh, Tel. +45 22698461.