Type your username and password then click on the appropriate section you wish to access.
Click here if your login fails (might occur on certain Apple products)
Project Manager with maritime experience – Aarhus
At VMS Group we are passionate about what we do, which is delivering service to the highest standard. We believe in investing in our team of skilled professionals, and we know that achieving our goals and our vision is made possible only by our dedicated team performing strong workmanship and service.
Headquartered in Frederikshavn, Denmark, VMS Group is a rapidly growing company working with partners all over the world. Our vision is to be the internationally preferred partner of superior and sustainable maritime solutions – and we are busy. We are therefore looking for a project manager to be working out of the Aarhus area to join our fantastic service team.
As a project manager you will be part of our international set-up and play a key role in the execution of projects.
You will manage, delegate and draw up guidelines for our service engineers on each project. Invoicing, reporting and follow up on orders and quotes is also part of the job. Following projects from the beginning till the end and thus realizing budgets will be your key success factor.
You must be flexible in terms of working hours. There will be periods of overtime, evening and weekend work. Customer visits and meetings will occur, and therefore some travelling days must be expected – approx. 20 days per year.
Your professional qualifications:
- A technical education as engineer or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of medium speed engines
- + 5 years’ experience in the maritime industry. Maybe you are considering working on shore.
- International experience, for instance from stationing or as a key account manager
- You understand, speak and write English fluently
- You work well under pressure and are able to make rapid decisions
- You are a clever businessman who finds the right solution for both the customer and VMS Group
- Knowledge of diesel engines, gears and propellers is an advantage
- Knowledge of remote control and safety systems is an advantage
Your personal qualifications:
- You thrive in an international environment
- You are loyal, positive and have a good sense of humor
- You communicate clearly and in an open way
- You are attentive to detail, systematic and structured
- You take pride in your job and are loyal to products/services
- You are self-motivated, responsible and know your limits
- You can deliver the final product to the full satisfaction of the customer, supplier and employees
- You are reliable and strive to contribute to the continuous growth of the company
- Challenging tasks and possibility to discuss professional towards the organization.
- A demanding yet attractive position in an exciting company with global ambitions and motivated, talented colleagues.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a company with an informal work environment.
- Salary and conditions according to qualifications.
- Pension and health care insurance.
How to apply:
We will be inviting for interviews continuously, so please send your application before 18 December 2023. Starting date as soon as possible, but we have time to wait for the right candidate.
Please submit your application and résumé by using this link.
If you need more information on the position, please contact Senior Project Manager Søren Rytter Krogh, Tel. +45 22698461.