Type your username and password then click on the appropriate section you wish to access.
Click here if your login fails (might occur on certain Apple products)
Project Manager with maritime experience
At VMS Group we are striving to be the internationally preferred supplier of superior maritime solutions. To keep up with market demands and to achieve our strategic objectives, we are looking for a project manager to join our Medium Speed Service Team in Frederikshavn, Denmark.
Key daily tasks:
Our project managers are part of our international set-up and play a key role in the execution of projects. Our project managers follow each project all the way – from the first customer contact and submission of quote through the definition of the tasks and cooperation details as well as choosing the crew for the project, coordinating sub-tasks underway and handling crew and spare parts logistics.
Our project managers manage, delegate and draw up guidelines for our service engineers on each project. They also invoice, write reports for the customer and follow up internally in relation to orders and quotes.
You must be highly flexible in terms of working hours. There will be periods with overtime, evening and weekend work. Service engineers working in the field will contact you occasionally by phone – even outside standard working hours. Some travelling must be expected – approx. 10-20 days per year. Following projects from the beginning till the end and thus realizing budgets will be your key success factor.
You have experience from similar business. You work systematically and have the ability to follow your tasks through from the first lead to a successful closure. You are co-operative, creative and have superb interpersonal skills. Maintaining and establishing good relations to customers and colleagues is a decisive factor to perform successfully.
By being adaptable and flexible to change, you feel comfortable working in an environment, which is sometimes hectic, and you see service as a top-priority in your working processes.
Your professional qualifications:
- A technical education as engineer or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of medium speed engines
- + 5 years’ experience in the maritime industry
- International experience, for instance from stationing or as a key account manager
- You understand, speak and write English fluently
- You work well under pressure and are able to make rapid decisions
- You are a clever businessman who finds the right solution for both the customer and VMS Group
- Knowledge of diesel engines, gears and propellers is an advantage
- Knowledge of remote control and safety systems is an advantage
Your personal qualifications:
- You thrive in an international environment
- You are loyal, positive and have a good sense of humor
- You have an entrepreneurial approach to challenges and opportunities
- You communicate clearly and in an open way
- You are attentive to detail, systematic and structured
- You take pride in your job and are loyal to products/services
- You are self-motivated, responsible and know your limits
- You can deliver the final product to the full satisfaction of the customer, supplier and employees
- You are reliable and strive to contribute to the continuous growth of the company
- Great colleagues with a professional mindset and an informal tone.
- A demanding yet attractive position in an exciting company with global ambitions, orderly conditions and motivated, talented colleagues.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a company with an informal work environment.
- Salary and conditions according to qualifications.
How to apply:
We will be inviting for interviews continuously, so please send your application ASAP. Starting date as soon as possible, but we have time to wait for the right candidate. Please submit your application and résumé by using this link.
If you need more information on the position, please contact Senior Project Manager Søren Rytter Krogh, Tel. +45 22698461.