Type your username and password then click on the appropriate section you wish to access.
Click here if your login fails (might occur on certain Apple products)
Operations Manager for Namibia
VMS Group is looking for an experienced Operations Manager for Namibia
At VMS Group we are striving to be the internationally preferred supplier of superior sustainable maritime solutions. We are rapidly growing, and to achieve our strategic objectives and stretch further, we are looking for an experienced and talented Operations Manager for our subsidiary in Walvis Bay, Namibia.
As our Operations Manager you are part of our international set-up and play a key role in the execution of projects. You will manage, delegate and draw up guidelines for a team of 20 talented employees in your common effort to deliver world-class service. Following each project from the first customer contact over definition of cooperation details, allocation of crew, handling of spare parts logistics till completion and evaluation of the process is your responsibility. Invoicing, preparation of project reports and internal follow up on orders and quotes are included in the job. Following projects from the beginning till the end and thus realizing budgets will be your key success factor.
You must be highly flexible in terms of working hours, as periods of overtime, evening and weekend work will occur. Project managers and service engineers working in the field will contact you occasionally by phone or email – even outside normal working hours. Some travelling must be expected – approx. 10-20 days per year. Our current Operations Manager in Namibia will provide comprehensive training and introduction to the position, as you will work closely with him until your takeover of the position in Summer 2023.
To be considered for the position you must have solid experience from a similar job with project management in the marine or offshore business and have a service engineer background. You work systematically and can take end-to-end responsibility for your tasks. You are co-operative, creative and have superb interpersonal skills. Maintaining and establishing good relations to customers and colleagues is a decisive factor to perform successfully.
Your professional qualifications:
- A technical education as an engineer or equivalent.
- + 5 years’ experience in the maritime or offshore industry.
- International experience, for instance from secondment or a key account manager position.
- Strong English skills, both orally and in writing.
- Sound business practice.
- In depth knowledge of diesel engines, gears and propellers.
- Knowledge of remote control and safety systems is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Navision is an advantage.
Your personal qualifications:
- You thrive in an international environment.
- You are loyal, positive and have a good sense of humor.
- You take an entrepreneurial approach to challenges and opportunities.
- You communicate clearly and in an open way.
- You are attentive to detail, systematic and structured.
- You take pride in your job and are loyal to products/services.
- You are self-motivated, responsible and know your limits.
- You deliver the final product to the full satisfaction of the customer, supplier and employees.
- You are reliable and strive to contribute to the continuous growth of the company.
- You work well under pressure and are able to make rapid decisions.
- You are ready to settle in Namibia or at least work on secondment.
- A demanding yet attractive position in an exciting company with global ambitions, orderly conditions and motivated, talented colleagues.
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a company with an informal work environment.
- Salary and conditions according to qualifications.
- Support in connection with finding accommodation and settling in.
How to apply:
As a global minded company operating worldwide, we are embracing cultural diversity throughout our organisation and invite all qualified candidates to apply regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. Starting date ASAP, but we have time to wait for the right candidate.
We will be inviting for interviews continuously, so please send your application ASAP. The job advert will be closed when the right match has been found.
Please submit your application and resume by using this link.
If you need more information on the position, please contact Country Manager Christian Andersson, Tel. +264 81 401 3835 / +45 9189 5989.
VMS Group covers a wide range of competences, sales and service. We offer repair and maintenance of diesel engines, turbo chargers, gear, propeller, spare parts delivery, design and sales of engines, engineering and project management within the maritime industry, the offshore industry, power plants and wind industry.
VMS Group has service bases in Denmark (Frederikshavn), Brazil and Namibia and employ approx. 300 employees. More info: www.vms.dk.